Last Updated on February 1, 2023 by Jakes Papi
Television is a powerful medium that influences the behavior of its viewers. It does this by encouraging certain behaviors and discouraging others, as well as through the use of violence and other forms of media that are not appropriate for children. In addition, television can also cause negative effects on the brain activity of children who watch it frequently.
Television is a powerful medium that can have a positive or negative effect on the behavior of its viewers.
Television may be a source of entertainment, but it also has an effect on our behavior. The content of TV shows affects how we act, and the types of shows we watch can impact our behavior in different ways.
Television is a powerful medium that has positive effects of television on society. It does this by encouraging certain behaviors and discouraging others, as well as through the use of violence and other forms of media that are not appropriate for children. In addition, television can also cause negative effects on the brain activity of children who watch it frequently.
Television is one of the most prevalent forms of media in modern culture, and it has had a significant impact on the way people behave.
The Impact of television essay are both short-term and long-term. Short term effects include increased aggression and decreased attention span, while long term effects can include obesity and decreased school performance.
Thesis Statement About Behavior Effects Of Television
Technology makes life simpler for us and permeates every aspect of our existence. The television was the first significant source of technological innovation prior to the wild rise of technology. The production of televisions has grown significantly worldwide. Almost everyone in the globe has a television set in their home, and every day, more and more people are choosing to watch television.
By pressing a button on it and using various search engines, it provides us with advantages and solutions to the problems we encounter in the contemporary world. To stimulate young minds by researching geography and history, to watch a fantasy, to inform us of local and global happenings, and to amuse us are all included in this. Television also has a tendency to transport us away from reality, which provides us with momentary comfort from our worries or when we’re feeling down.
The television industry is expanding, thus television networks are constantly interested in the opinions of their viewers regarding the types of shows they would want to watch. The television industry depends heavily on audiences because there would be no images on the screen. Most likely, adults are the ones who watch, but as time passes, children are also thought of as viewers so that television networks can take into account the shows they watch.
We cannot stop children in the 21st century from being exposed to television screens. Researchers and decision-makers view them as a “unique audience” since they are actively learning from screens (Potter, 2008). They are not yet old enough to choose a show that is appropriate for them. In order for this to happen, as more and more kids are enticed to watch, the more they will see something wrong or something right depending on the program’s content. For instance, if a child watches violence, he will grow more violent; but, if he sees instructive and inspiring content, he will be inspired to learn new things. Children begin watching television at the age of six months, and as they get older, their daily viewing time grows until it reaches up to six and a half hours, according to Hollenbeck & Slaby, 1979. We believe that this has both beneficial and bad implications on children’s conduct as they mature. In a speech he gave in Norfolk, New Virginia, psychiatrist Dr. Victor Cline asserted that all of the images that young people view on television had a direct impact on their eventual behavior and self-image. He also said that a diet that is both nutritional and mental is equivalent. When a child watches television, it imprints what they see in their minds, which influences how they behave as adults. He views the minds of the kids like a bank: whatever we deposit there will be returned to us in ten or more years with interest (Cline, 1989)
In general, children’s conduct and emotional discourse may be impacted by television viewing in both positive and negative ways. The beneficial consequences include improving learning abilities and the ability to understand emotions, while the negative impacts include encouraging aggressive behavior, violence, and, last but not least, emotional difficulties.
Both good and negative consequences of television viewing on children’s behavior—including increased learning abilities and the ability to perceive emotions—have been documented.
Positive effects of television on society
Children gain greatly from television because it makes it simple for them to become aware of and connect with the physical events taking on in their contemporary culture (Gunter and McAleer, 1997: xii-xiii). They added that television is not a “one-eyed monster” waiting to spread evil among the family’s children. This implies that children who watch important programming—programs that are educational, instructive, and value-promoted—will have greater intellectual development. Researchers claim that by consistently exposing young children to “Sesame Street,” which included a narrative about a grease fire in Hooper’s Stone that required the valiant assistance of the firefighters, parents may help their children cope with trauma and quickly understand their emotions (Wilson, 2008).
The second benefit of television for kids is that they learn fundamental languages from it. According to studies, children are more likely to acquire basic shapes, numbers, and letters if their parents help them watch instructional programs (Lemish and Rice, 1986). Naigles and Mayeux (2001), however, discovered that in some situations, youngsters acquire words and their meanings from educational programs that are especially made for them (age, content etc.). We must also add that we choose programs that are appropriate for their age and that will help them learn language acquisition. However, there is still little convincing evidence that shows watching television helps people learn new things.
Impact of television essay
Children and teenagers watch television for nearly 22 to 28 hours every week. This is a terrible fact because, excluding sleeping, it is the most time your child has ever spent on any activity.
The attitudes, thoughts, and behavior of youngsters are greatly influenced by television. Teens watch 10,000 murders, rapes, and violent attacks on television each year, according to a survey, and four out of five individuals think that violent media directly influences how youngsters perceive violence. Children that watch television see other made-up families who handle their difficulties differently than other families. Children believe this to be the ideal for their lives.
Because television can influence how a child acts, thinks, and feels about several subjects, including violence, education, morality, and gender and racial stereotypes, we should teach our children about the realities of television. Children are taught that using violence is the quickest way to solve problems through watching television, which celebrates violence and weaponry.
KAIRNE Colorful Inspirational Quote Poster with Wood Magnetic Hanger Frame, What I can Control Motivational Canvas Wall Art, 13.8X22 Inch for Classroom, Office
Price : $19.99
- 🧘♂️Delightful and Positive Poster: The muti-color bulletin strategies wall hanging poster gets eyes catching rainbow watercolor which could give you good mood and help keep focus. The words divide things inside/outside your control, and lead you to be self- control.
- 👍Good Decorations for Anywhere：It is colorful, bright, vivid and inspiring. Such a wall decor fit for varied scene decoration. It would be good choice of gift for birthday, housewarming party, Christmas.
- ✨Easy to Hang: With the magnetic poster hanging kit, simple step needed to frame and hang your poster. Just place the wooden frame on the top and the bottom, inner magnet will attract the wooden pieces and frame your poster flat and stable .
- 💎Material: The Things Inside Control wall art were printed on high quality canvas with nontoxic, no irritating smell paint.And Hanging kit made by solid wood.
- 📏Specification: One sheet of canvas poster, 13.8X22inch(35.2X56CM), a set of wooden hanging kit 14.1inch long and other accessories.
Additional Info :
Playstation Classic Console with 20 Classic Playstation Games Pre-Installed Holiday Bundle, Includes Final Fantasy VII, Grand Theft Auto, Resident Evil Director’s Cut and More
Price : $112.94
Additional Info :
Emotions and Feeling Book for Kids, SkillEase Feelings in Control Flip Book, Calm Down Corner Supplies, Helps Self Regulation for Kids, Emotion Chart and ADHD Tool, Social Emotional Material
Price : $19.99
- WHO can use it? Great idea for counseling for kids, BCBAs, ABA therapists, kids with autism, moms of children with special needs, any one that wants their kids to improve emotional regulation and social skills.
- What’s included? A fully laminated 7″ x 7″, 20 page emotion book for kids, with bright pictures and multi-cultural characters, numerous coping solutions for anger management and emotional intelligence, and an 18 page handbook with clear explanations.
- Perfect tool as an educational game for children in preschool and elementary classrooms. Use as a vocabulary builder, emotion cards for kids, self esteem builder, and as a social skills activity. Watch your students blossom in their emotional understanding.
- Beautiful expression cards and emotion cards that clearly depict facial features for kids to easily relate to. Great tool to be used as: aba therapy materials, sensory processing disorder toy, therapy game for counselors, and autism toy.
- Real problem solving and emotional regulation ideas that really work!! No more general strategies that are repeated for every emotion. This feelings flipbook can be used anywhere by kids BY THEMSELVES to help them communicate and cope with their emotions in real time!
Additional Info :
Collection All Angel Numbers Poster, 111,222,333,444,555,666,777,888,999, Angel Number Manifestation Gradient Art, Angel Numbers Print, Aura Spiritual Vibrant Wall Art, Colorful Energy Number Print
Price : $10.95
- 🎁 PERFECT GIFT: The Collection All Angel Numbers Poster with size 12×18 Inches is definitely a wise choice as a gift. This Aura Energy Poster will make a great addition to your spiritual bedroom decor and would also make a great spiritual gift for her or a loved one, your friends, mom, dad, daughter, son, boys, girls, couple, families, workmates, classmates…
- 🎁 DIVINE MESSAGE: This Spiritual Manifestation Wall Art Poster will add some positive energy and a pop of colour to a bedroom, living room or your dorm. They will not only inspire and motivate that special someone but they will also make a great decorative accent to hang on any space.
- 🎁 HIGH QUALITY: Printed on premium 260 GSM gloss paper, high resolution with aqueous ink suited for full-color digital art prints. These Gradient Aura Abstract Print Gifts would not easily fade, and they can be applied for a long time.
- 🎁 PACKED IN TUBE: Poster tubes are designed to protect posters during shipping so ensuring arrival in perfect condition. All Angel Numbers Poster will be shipped with a valid tracking number.
- 🎁 100% HAPPY GUARANTEED: We are committed to providing the best customer service. If you have any questions in the use process, please contact our professional customer service team by email at the first time. We will reply your questions and give you satisfactory solutions within 24 hours.
Additional Info :
Inspiring collection of famous quotes (4 inspiring collections of famous quotes), including Martin Luther King posters, Rosa Parker, Malcolm X posters and Maya Angelou art paintings
Price : $12.99
Additional Info :